Hyperpigmentation is a common skin concern and is characterised by a darker complexion of the skin due to overproduction of the pigment, melanin. Melanogenesis is the process where the melanin pigment is produced in the lower epidermis in melanosomes by the melanocytes. It is responsible for colour in our skin, hair and eyes.
The melanocytes interact with endocrine, immune, inflammatory and central nervous systems. Its activity is also regulated by UV exposure, inflammation, drugs and other injuries such as acne.
Although it can affect anyone, this condition is more prevalent among certain ethnicities: Asian, Mediterranean, African, or Latin. Hyperpigmentation can affect any part of the body including the face, hands, and neck.
Examples of hyperpigmentation includes:
- Solar lentigo (sun-or age spots)
- Pregnancy induced melasma/chloasma
- Stain, nevus, freckles or a tan
- Dark circles under the eyes
Danne Montague King’s ENZYME THERAPY is DMK’s signature skin revision treatment designed to rapidly restore the skin’s health and natural functioning through improved circulation, oxygenation and lymphatic drainage.
Transfer messenger enzymes are living substances that work with certain minerals in the body to coordinate all metabolic processes in the body. Where some cosmetic facial treatments may only act on the surface of the skin, DMK ENZYME TREATMENTS work deep within the skin at cellular level.
The Melanozone DMK treatment program is compatible for all skin types or skin conditions and will work for anyone, any age and on any areas. MELANOZONE evens out the skin’s colour by dissolving dark pigmented areas of the skin. A series of safe, natural and exclusive formulations and treatments are used to inhibit the formation of pigmentation.
DMK Retail products in treating Hyperpigmentation:
- Direct Delivery Vitamin C and Betagel Serum
- Magnesium Ascorbal Phosphate in Direct Delivery Vit C is a tissue lightener, powerful anti-oxidant and melanin inhibitor.
- Betaglucan in Betagel acts as an immune stimulating booster to keep inflammation under control.
- Herbal pigment oil
- Cod liver and soya bean oil is used for nourishment and brightening.
- Melanotech Drops and -Crème
- Kojic Acid is a very effective melanin inhibitor and Niacinamide acts as a vaso-dilator and flushes inflammation.
- Alpha Fade Gel
- Hydroquinone 2%, lightens, fades areas of larger pigmentation.
- Transdermal SPF 30 (Physical and Chemical Sunblock)
- Titanium Dioxide protects against UVA radiation.
- Allantoin aids in soothing and healing.
You can prevent hyperpigmentation by using at least a Sunblock SPF 15 daily and avoid excess sun exposure. Wear a hat and cover affected body part. Exfoliate 1-2 x per week depending on skin type and use DMK homecare recommended by professional therapists to remove, rebuild, protect and maintain the skin.
Visit our Clinic (021 7948986/73) for an advanced skin consultation and receive a tailor-made recommendation- and program plan. On our website you will find more information on: DMK’s Enzyme Therapy, Dermalogica’s Biosurface Peel and Brightening Chromawhite Treatments.